geiger, etc.

          I hate that we're talking about free agents and draftees
          already, but, without Kenny, things look bleak.

          I don't think we're giving Geiger enough credit. The guy is
          a legit 7-1 and solid -- he's no Travis Knight, as someone
          suggested.

          Geiger is a legit 15 ppg, 8 rpg starting center who
          will hold his own with most centers in the league. Remember,
          Knight averaged 4 ppg and 4 rpg last year with the Lakers,
          hardly Geiger-type numbers.

          Personally, I think he will end
          up making more than Ike Austin, a slightly undersized, older
          center with questionable work habits. And anyone who would
          choose Stewart over Geiger is nuts. Stewart is strictly a
          RAW shotblocker, average rebounder, with no offense. A nice
          bargain pickup, but nowhere near as polished as Geiger.

          Remember, there's more to playing defense than
          shot-blocking, and Geiger has the bulk to be an effective
          low-post presence.

          Personally, I'd love an offseason that lands Geiger as a FA
          and either DeMarco Johnson or Robert Traylor in the draft. A
          Walker-Geiger-Johnson/Traylor front line would suddenly give
          us one of the most physical frontcourts in the NBA. It also
          gives you the versatility of playing Walker at small forward
          some, or at power forward in a smaller, quicker lineup that
          presses more.

          Anyway, I'm disappointed with the way things are going right
          now, but looking forward, already, to next year. (And still
          hoping for a good finish when Kenny comes back.)

          Mark