Misc. Basketball Ramblings

Dontae Jones is bald. It didn't work for Antoine and Walter on the West
Coast road trip. It was a scream to see him go from the 70's look of socks
to his knees and an afro to Mr. Cue Ball head.

I feel like I have the same energy as a fan as the Celtics have as a team.
Chicken-egg?

For next year....what if Kenny gets hurt? Dana and Tyus can't handle the
game. It's that bad. If Tyus' contract is up, will he be resigned or will
the Celtics pick up another backup?

A big man, a big man, a big man.....it's so completely obvious. I vote for
Geiger whom we will no doubt get a good look at in the playoffs (for those
of you who don't see Charlotte play a lot). I'd love it if they could keep
Popeye Jones too, but please don't do it at the expense of a real center.
Jones is hurt now and it could be something that nags him forever.

Tabak's first two points as a Celtic came from 17 feet. Not bad for a seven
footer. He really clogged up the middle on the press.

Karl Malone wants to play with a dominant center. Hmmm, that means
Robinson, Ewing, Hakeem, or Shaq. I see Houston winning that battle since
neither LA or NY seem to be Malone's speed. I guess San Antonio could swap
Duncan for Malone to win one or two championships, but it would not be
worth it. He also had some unkind words for Kobe Bryant who told Malone,
who was setting a pick for Bryant, "to get away....I've got it." Jordan was
guarding Kobe at the time and Kobe was headed for the basket. The result? A
jump shot off the rim. Malone backed off when Kobe told him to, but also
said that he had never been called off a pick and roll on his own team.

Isn't Tommy H protected by his right to free speech? The way I heard the
whole incident go down was this: Tommy was saying how bad the refs were
doing that night..."just awful, etc." when one of the refs interrupted. I
heard Tommy say, "aw, uh,....." as if he was about to make another
complaint and thought better about wasting his breath...almost like...aw,
forget it Mike, it's not worth by breath. But no, Gorman quickly noted that
Tommy had been threatened by the ref. It doesn't seem right. Tommy went
right on making his comments and the refs went right on making bad and
anti-Celtics calls. Tommy said he planned on talking with the ref after the
game and giving him a piece of his mind. You go Tommy!!!

Antoine Walker should donate half of his future salary to the "Kenny
Anderson anti-tendinitis foundation." Walker will only be a BIG STAR in
this league with Kenny on the other end of those pretty passes. Otherwise,
he'll be just another really, really good player.

Theresa

tjoyce@mit.edu