Re: Struggle

-----Original Message-----
From: Dan Forant <dforant1@nycap.rr.com>
To: celtics@igtc.COM <celtics@igtc.COM>
Date: Friday, March 13, 1998 11:12 PM
Subject: Struggle

> According to radio there were some really bad
>calls in 4th. I don't like to lay blame on refs, but I don't think they
>have been fair to the Celts this season. That sucks. I think refs in all
>sports are less competent than those of years past.

I didn't see or hear the game, but anytime there's such a wide disparity in
fouls, there's a problem.  Boston hit more fg's, 35-29, but got crushed at
the line.  The C's were whistled for 33 personals, while Detroit were called
for only 18.  This led to a huge advantage for the Pistons as they shot
36/47 compared to our 18/23.  That's a 24 attempt advantage for the visiting
team.

Referees are human too, and I believe all this Antoine talking is having a
negative effect on the team as a whole.  Right or wrong, refs will make
their point.

Cecil