Re: Pitino's comments on players

>It would be interesting to compile all the comments and comparisons that Rick
>Pitino has made about the Celtics players. I'll start off with some paraphrases:
>
>Walker:
>"He reminds me of Magic Johnson."
>"A better pro than Karl Malone in his second year."
>
>Mercer:
>"He could be a prolific scorer in this league."

He could be.  Needs to extend his range 2 or 3 feet.

>McCarty:
>compared him to Dale Ellis.

In what way.  I don't see playing significant minutes on a team not
coached by Ricky P.

>DeClercq:
>"A jump shot away from being outstanding."

Aren't we all?  That said love his hustle and heart.

>Bowen:
>"A three-position player."
>"Our best man-to-man defender."

Agree, really need to work on his offensive game

>Anderson:
>The next Tiny Archibald.

One can only hope.  Tiny was the man when I was a teen. (along with Dave
Cowens)

>Dontae' Jones:
>"He doesn't understand the game of basketball."

Really, I hadn't noticed.  Really though he needs a lot of work, but that kind
of athleticism is nice to have around.  With the right kind of coaching and
work ethic he could blossom.

Rich,,,