Olowakandi

Steve:

No one is disputing the fact that Olowakandi has tremendous potential.
Quite the opposite--I think that if his game ever catches up with his
physical skills, he could develop into an outstanding player.  My
comparison to Adonal Foyle was actually complimentary.  I could have
chosen to compare him to Yinka Dare, another 7-footer who carried 270
muscular pounds on his frame

I'm not impressed when a 7-footer displays a "variety" of shots against a
6-7 defender.  When this kid (who currently relies on superior athleticsm
to score on inferior players) gets to the NBA, he'll have a tough time
scoring on frontcourt players who are just as big, strong, and athletic as
he is.  Whether or not he plays with a talented point guard (i.e.--Kenny
Anderson) will not change the fact that he it'll take time for him to adjust.

I can't recall what the inside player for Utah State's name was, but he
repeatedly slashed to the basket for inside baskets against Olowakandi.
He also consistenly got to the line, including a short span in the first half
where he drew two quick fouls on the big guy relegating him to the
bench while Utah State put the game out of reach.

I'm not disputing the fact that the guy has a lot of potential, but I don't think
that the shotblocks and "rim-rocking dunks" you so eloquently described
will come as easy in the NBA.