TREATMENT OF ANTOINE

In nearly every post from all of us protesting Antoine's showboating,
there is reference to how talented we think he is.  I believe most of it
to be constructive criticism, and I think that's the way it was
intended.  If Antoine or any other Celtic player ever reads this list or
hears anything about it, perhaps it would do him or any of them good to
hear what real fans are thinking.  The purpose of this list is to
exchange ideas, opinions, etc. about the Celtics, or that's my
understanding.  To criticize an action of a player is not to trash them
completely.  I think most of us, being human, can stand a little
constructive criticism from time to time.  Makes us better people.
    You know, it's a funny thing.  Today as I was driving to work I
remembered how all last summer we talked about things like uniforms,
cheerleaders, the organ music, etc. and most didn't want anything to
change.  I'm one of the elder members on this list, I take it, and I
don't see anything wrong with some changes, though some I wouldn't like.

I believe I once said in a post "this is the nineties".  In this case,
though, I was objecting to something I personally felt was
unCeltic-like.  Some of you seem to think it's a personal attack on
Antoine.  Simply not so.  If he doesn't become a star in this league it
will be his own fault, because he has all the tools.  Right now, though,
as a Captain of this team, he needs to show leadership.  I know he's
young for that role, but I didn't put him in it.  Think about it.

Dorine