Re: TO: ALEX WANG....

I think I will take a shot at this.

Walker takes about: 21 shots per game
and makes about:  40%

17.3 are two point attempts of which he makes about: 43%
of his 21 shots per game 3.7 are three point attempts
of which he makes about: 28%

If he were to improve his two point % to just 45%(low for his position)
and his 3pt % to 33% he would score about:  19.1 points per game. But of
course we aren't done yet.

We must add in free throws.  Walker currently shoots about: 66% from the
line.
If Walker got his average to 75% he would be scoring about: 4 points a
game just on foul shots.

That brings us to a total of: 23.1 points a game.
BUT we aren't done yet.

Turnovers count too but for some reason NBA.com took them of of the
stats or at least I can't find them.

The numbers above of course assume that Walker is an average player for
his position, but of course we expect him to be "The Man" (10 million a
year contract). Let's give him "The Man" like numbers.

52% from 2 point: 17.8    (That would give him about
40% from 3 point:  4.5     50% from the field)
80% from the line: 4.8
total points per game: 27.1

Well I found Walker's last year turnover per game number: 2.8
I will assume that he has about the same # of turnovers this year.
Let's round it to 3 and say that Walker being a superstar cuts his
turnovers to 2 a game.  This leads to at least one more shot per game
for the Celtics who currently shoot about 43% from the field.  I am not
going to find the exact number but I will assume that this ends up
adding about 1 extra point per game.

So we now have the ideal superstar Walker going from 21.8 to scoring
about 27.1 points and giving up 1 less turnover a game which leads to
one extra point a game.  We can assume that Walker with improvement will
produce about 6 points more a game.