Re: Pierce

Michael A.DiZio wrote:

> That says it perfectly Gene. How much damn money does a person need?

Ask Bill Gates or Jack Welsch.

> Garnett stuffs himself at the trough, Gugliotta's gotta go. Walker gets his
> money, and the C's are hamstrung in getting someone else to help them win.

> These guys are all greedy, giving lip service to the notion that , "Ijust
> wanna win."

Then again so do the owners. If the owners didn't get more money for
making the playoffs(through season ticket renewals, playoff tickets
etc...), do you think they would care either? The owners as just as much
about the bottom line as players.

> Falk is doing his clients a disservice because all he wants is
> the biggest four percent he can get.

And the owners do an even greater disservice by giving in to Falk. If
the owners weren't so desparate to screw each other over by stealing
each other's players, do you really think Falk would have any leverage?
Falk merely exploits the owner's insatiable  drive to get a marketable
player they can plaster on the media guide.

> Hey Antoine, you want to make the
> really big money?  Make reasonable
> demands, so that the Celtics have room enough to get an elite squad around
> you.

Personally, I don't think Antoine cares. I think he's been fed on the me
first bottle a little too long. Frankly I don't blame him. Looking at
everyone else in basketball other than the players and coaches, who
isn't in it for the money? The owners use the players to milk the city
and the fans. Nike uses the players to sell overpriced shoes. Groupies
try to weasel money out of the players. Why should the players be any
different?

> Then win!  A "Antoine Walker, World Champion," is going to clean up on
> endorsements, much more so than "Antoine Walker, big #'s gunner on a losing
> team."

I doubt he or anyone in the NBA has the foresight.

Noah