Re: Let's not sign anyone

On Fri, 26 Jun 1998 16:38:01 -0400 (EDT), Jeremy  wrote:

>If we can't sign Jason Williams, let's just sit tight with our 24
>foul, four headed monster (DeClerq, Travis, Tabak, and Pervis).  Next
>summer when the cap goes up again (and we can renounce McCarty and Dontae
>if necessary), we go after someone.

I was about to observe that this is a rather implausable scenario
under the current salary cap rules (if the team goes ahead and signs
Walker long term this off season).  But then I realized that until the
upcoming lockout is ended, there is no way to tell what the rules will
be.  So all this kind of speculation is pretty fruitless (it could be
a long summer).

Bill C.