draftday fallout

Well, the draft pretty much went as expected except for a few surprises most
importantly Pierce dropping into our lap at #10.  I've managed to read or skim
read the voluminous amount of postings of the past few days and would like to
throw out a few comments.

I believe Walker needs to be signed but of course after the new CBA.  Do not
trade Walker, Mercer, Pierce or Anderson. I really like this core group at least
on paper. Of course we've yet to see what Pierce can do at this level but
assuming he's another piece to the puzzle give them time.  Attitude will be a
key ingredient.

I do not want to see a center by committee approach. On the other hand I don't
want to spend zillions on some guy who ends up being a washout.  I think
patience is now a key.  Let other gms come to us with their offers and do some
serious window shopping.  Pitino's got to have an idea as to who will fit at
center. The FA route looks like the best way to go. We don't need a center the
quality of Duncan or Shaq (nor could we afford one if we keep everyone else).  A
definite no to Robinson as he's on the downside at this point even though he may
have 2 or 3 more good years.  In no way trade any of the fab four.  I think we
have the beginnings of a solid bench as well with DQ, Barros, Bowen, and
possibly Popeye and McCarty. I'm optimistic about next season, providing there
is one, and hoping Pitino doesn't pull the trigger on some crazy deal just
because everyone else is making deals and he wants in on the action.  I wonder
if he runs any of his serious trade proposals by Red; as sometimes the wisdom of
elders is priceless.  This is not a putdown of Rick, I was really glad when he
came on board and took this to be a sign of the rejuvenation of the Celtics.
I've been pleased with the results so far.

Looking for #17 to be raised to the rafters within the next 3 seasons.  Hope I'm
not just dreaming.  Bob