Re: The Moral(s) of Last Night

On Thu, 25 Jun 1998, Josh Ozersky wrote:

> 1)  Luck has to change.  We had a long bad spell, but last night we
> were far luckier than anybody could have imagined.  (We were pretty
> lucky two years ago, too. Pay Antoine, Gaston you prick!)

I was thinking this too, things finally seem to have changed for the
better.  Sure, losing Tim Duncan wasn't so lucky, but the trade with
Dallas was the type of steal that can make or break a team.  Two
cornerstones (A. Walker, Mercer) for basically nothing (Montross, S.
Walker).  Then the "oops" on Billups is in less than a season used to pick
up a veteran point guard who fits perfectly into the Celtics scheme, and
then a little luck in last night's draft...

The Celtics have all the tools they need *now*.  Who cares about a top
flight center?  They have the pups to run the rest of the NBA into the
ground.  You've got four guys who can *blaze* down the court in Walker,
Anderson, Mercer, and Pierce.  Why wait for some seven footer to lope down
the court so he can post up while everyone else stands around?

If Walker can lose his selfish streak this team will be ready to contend
in two years.

Dan