RE: The Boston Celtics Mailing List Digest V5 #219

         Reply to:   RE: The Boston Celtics Mailing List Digest V5 #219
These Walker (or Mercer) for Olowokandi rumors give me the creeps. C'mon,
let's not forget this kid has only been playing ball for 3 years and has
not exactly faced top-notch competition at the formidable University of
the Pacific. He has amazing upside, true, but both Toine and Ron are proven
commodities who will only get better. I'd love to see Kandi in green, but
not at this cost. I'd much rather take Clark and keep our two best
players. LaFrentz/Jamison also could be a real possibility -- Bay Area papers are
saying G'State will take Hughes if still there, meaning Dallas (who
covets Hughes) might opt for Nowitzki. If so, and if Milwaukee goes big (Clark
or Doleac), that would mean either Jamison or Raef would have to fall to
us. It's a long shot, but a plausible one. Re: Celts and Nowitzki, let's
not forget the kid's reputation was based on ONE GAME vs. a US high school
All Star team. From everything I've read, there's no way he'd play in the
NBA next year, maybe not for two years. And to look at photos of him, I
have a hard time seeing him pack on enough muscle to play in the post.
Anyway, I'm on the digest version of this list, meaning that by the time
I get your responses (if any) to this, the draft will be over and the
mystery solved.