Re: Let Me Get This Straight

Alejandro wrote:

> > The Lakers offer us a much-valued, marketable young player for a
> > salary cap anchor that we literally couldn't give away, EVEN UP, and
> > we refused?  There must be something I'm missing here.  Rick was
> > trying to move Travis by tying him to our precious lottery pick (see
> > how important the Lottery is?  I said it all along.)  Van Exel is a
> > hell of a player, an all star, and could definitely get us some cap
> > relief or a better pick.  LA must have wanted something else, I
> > guarantee it.
>
> Yes, the Lakers should had wanted something else... or.... maybe Pitino
> didnt go for it because he has Knight ready on an almost-done deal with
> another team... Could be.
Or maybe he has enough headaches without Van Exel's attitude problem or
maybe because Van Exel has little trade value due to his bad knees. For
sure Pitino doesn't need another point guard with Anderson already ste
for the next few years. I do think that he would love to unload Travis
but not for adiffernt problem. Maybe!
Regards,
Hart