Re: Antoine For Shareef: Here's The Deal As Proposed On WEEI

I think the Kandi-man will probably end up with the Clippers --
always take the good big man over the good little man -- and Antoine
has definitely been mentioned in trades.  Marty should stick to draft
prognosticating.
WC

>From: "Icarus" <skmishra@sprintmail.com>
>To: "'Celtics@igtc.com'" <Celtics@igtc.COM>
>Subject: Re: Antoine For Shareef: Here's The Deal As Proposed On WEEI
>Date: Sat, 20 Jun 1998 12:31:12 -0700
>
>After Sheperd spread the Walker for Reef rumour they interviewed Marty
Blake
>who echoed the same questions that I had in my post. According to
Marty,
>Reef is quite happy at Vancouver and the Grizzlies probably will draft
the
>Kandi-man with there pick. Also, he doesn't think that Walker is on the
>trading blocks and even if the C's are trying to feel the market, that
no
>big FA signing has really  helped any team other than Lakers aquiring
Shaq
>etc. - MIshra
>
>Icarus wrote in message <6mgtl0$1ja$1@bolivia.it.earthlink.net>...
>
>>I am listening to the WEEI too and there is hardly any chance of this
deal
>>being
>>consummated. I mean look at it from Vancouver's perspective:
>>- If Vancouver can't sign Shareef how can they sign Walker
>>- The deal is a PR disaster and Vancouver also ends up giving up the
2nd
>>pick
>>- Stu Jackson will have no-where to hide if he makes a deal such as
this he
>>will
>>  go down as the dumbest GM in the NBA.
>>
>>I hope the C's move up about 3 or 4 places so that they can draft
Jamison.