Re: Walker rumor

.

>LaFrentz -- could be had at #6 I believe...
>
>Traylor -- fantastic player. Played at 300+lbs in college but is doing his
>hardest in losing the flab. He is very quick on foot for someone that big and
>is very flexible. He can bang due to his size and has beautifully soft hands
>and can shoot really well for a guy his size. Barkley part 2? No! Traylor part
>1!
>
>Warwick

 Wow, he sounds really good on paper. If the Celtics could get one more
real talent on this team, I think Walker's game would improve. His poor
shot selection stems primarily from the fact that he is their main man, and
he feels he must put up the #'s for the C's to win. I just don't want to
see the Green handcuff themselves by being unable to improve because one
guy is oinking up the lion's share of the money. Minnesota has improved,
but they'll probably lose Googs due to Garnett taking more than his share.
Maybe there should be a setup where there is a maximum percentage of the
cap money that any of the twelve players can take. Nobody has much of a
bench in this league anymore, partially due to expansion, but mainly
because there is no money for the 6,7.8,9 guys. Market value is what it is
I guess, but main guys need complementary players as well, unless they are
happy counting their money and playing golf as soon as the regular season
ends. I guess there is precedent for $100 million guys who can't shoot free
throws though. I would't take much of what is coming out in the form of
rumor or Pitino pronouncements as Gospel, however. It's really only
contract posturing to try and soften Walker up  and try to save some
dollars and some face on any upcoming deal.

                                                               Michael D