CHEERLEADERS

OK.  As someone who is one of the “older” group, let me tell you I don't
really care if the Celts have cheerleaders or not.  It isn't important
enough to me, but what is important is that suggestions for the name of
these cheerleaders run to demeaning things like “Babes”.  I thought we'd
gotten beyond that?  I hope the Celts would at least give them a
respectful name.  In spite of the skimpy outfits, etc., these girls who
qualify are hard working, talented dancers, and probably every bit as
athletic as anyone who plays basketball, male or female.  Perhaps when
you keep referring to those of us who are older as not wanting anything
to change, you might be interested to know that your attitudes have to
change about women, too.  They don't appreciate being called “babes”, at
least any who have any intelligence.  It's a difficult job for which, as
I understand, they're very poorly paid.  This isn't their full time job,
in most cases.

Guess I don't have to worry about it, because like anything else, we'll
not be naming them.  I think, in fact, they already exist, and will be
there this year, whether anyone likes it or not.  If the crowd boos them
off the floor, then the Celtics will have their answer.
    Give me too much time on my hands and I get up on my soap box.
Sorry about that, but if you have principals you have to stand up for
them or there's no point in having them.
Dorine