Re: BULPETT: NO WALKER CONTRACT UNTIL AFTER THE C.B.A. IS SETTLED

>In what could be a move of disastrous proportions,.....
>
>"The Celtics have tabled their internal discussion on a new contract for
>Antoine Walker, deciding to wait out the collective bargaining negotiations and
>face the music later.

It would be pathetically fitting, given the miserable recent history of
this franchise (ten years and still going strong), if in two years we were
all still talking about Pervis "giving the team some good minutes off the
bench if he could only stay healthy," while Antoine Walker was making
another all-star game at the age of 23 playing for some other team. This
franchise "waited" it's way to mediocrity before, watching Hall of Fame
talent dry up before their very eyes, and they continue to hope for luck to
bail them out. Sure, this time it might work out. The CBA might be
renegotiated to their favor. Maybe. But if not? I don't care about
cheerleaders, organs, uniforms, tradition, none of that crap. Surprisingly,
as if by an act of God, they actually have a real talent in Walker. Who
would've thought this could've happened to this franchise? Are they going
to screw this one up too.

Paul M.