A FEW THINGS

    I've just finished reading the list from today.  A few thoughts, if
I may:
    The organ is still at the Fleet Center, I believe.  There was a big
deal made of the fact that they kept the organ, and you hear it during
the games, so that must be true.
    I wonder what NBC would think if we all wrote an email to them
telling them how we'd rather turn off the sound and listen to the
radio?  I've done that, myself.  Isaiah has to go, he's awful.
    Last year during the season Tommy mentioned the fact that there
would be cheerleaders this year.  It was already in the works.  If you
don't want them, be certain to write the Celtics!  They may get booed
off the floor, that's what's happened when they've tried mascots.
    Now, I would like to say something about Rodman.  He was on ESPN
tonight and also on CNN, making a big deal about his offering to pay for
the funeral of that poor man who was dragged to death.  I, for one,
would think alot more of that offer if he hadn't said anything
(especially with a dozen microphones in front of his ugly face). Many
pro sports people give generously of their time and money for worthy
causes. Most of them don't go around bragging about it to the media.
    No matter how good Rodman is on a basketball floor, he should not be
in pro basketball.  Like it or not, deny it or not, they are roll models
for youngsters.  His actions are telling them you can behave any way you
want, it will be tolerated, excuses will be made for you, if you can
play.  We are already living in a society where nobody wants to be
accountable for their own actions.  He's a disgrace to the game and his
profession.  That's another thing I don't like about the Bulls, that
they tolerate that behaviour.
    Sorry, but this subject is something that really gets my Irish up!
I've been seething ever since I saw that “performance” tonight on
television.  I nearly gagged on my supper.
    One more thing, I believe that long layoff had something to do with
the Jazz' poor performance.  I would not be surprised to see them win
Friday night, but that might be just that I want them to win so much.  I
turned the set off last night just before the end so I wouldn't have to
watch and listen to the Bulls' crowing.
Dorine