Re: responses to trade thoughts

Cecil Wright writes:
> My response was predicated on your scenario number 3 reagarding a trade
> of Anderson, Mercer or both.  To lose each of them, would require, at
> least my distorted view, a superstar player and Mike Bibby.  I do not
> feel I'm overrating Mercer's ability at all.

I suppose our definition of "superstar player" should be refined before we
say whether this is reasonable or not. To me, I would consider a player a
superstar if they were roughly at the top three in their position. Are you
unwilling to trade Mercer because of sentimental reasons or because you really
think he makes the team better than a superstar player and the #1 pick would?
(With Anderson around, I would think Pitino might trade down instead of take
Bibby). This only really makes sense if you think Mercer IS (or certainly will
soon be) a super-superstar player, better than your "average" superstar.

Really though, neither of us makes the trade decisions for the Celtics. All
that matters is what Pitino thinks. I am only trying to predict what Pitino will
do. And Pitino would easily part with Mercer for a proven superstar, like it or
not.

Alex