Re: Game 4

On Thu, 11 Jun 1998, Greg Odegaard wrote:

> As my wife put it last night, "After Friday I hope never to hear the name
> of Jordan as it relates to an actual game again".  How pathetic can the
> Jazz play on Friday?

I wasn't planning on watching the game (Wed) at all, due to massive
internal hemmoraging that would occur listening to Bob Costas.  Strangely
enough, I don't mind Isiah at all, and actually like Doug Collins, save
for the rare boneheaded remark.

Couldn't help myself though.  To save a trip to the hospital I turned
of the sound as well as the closed-captioning.

I couldn't believe the difference.  It was *so* much better.  Despite the
Jazz playing poorly and the Bulls playing hack and slash defense (I think
the refs get docked some of their pay when calling fouls on the Bulls),
the game was fun to watch without Bob Costas reminding me every three
minutes that "the greatest player ever to play the game" just sat down and
had a sip of Gatorade (tm).  And didn't he do it in spectular fashion?
Look at him lift the paper cup, gliding it through the air, the determined
focus of bringing the cup to his mouth, and... whoops, he dumped it all
over himself.  But the refs called a foul on Thurl Bailey, despite that
he retired several years ago.

But I digress.  I look forward to the day when TV can deliver channels of
sound - so I can mute the announcers but still hear the sounds of the game
(crowd, squeaky sneakers, swish, etc.).

Dan