Re: cheerleaders

On Thu, 11 Jun 1998, Chris Mathew wrote:

> THE CELTICS ARE GETTING CHEERLEADERS????  YEEESSS!!!!
>
> Chris Mathew
> cmathew@postoffice.utas.edu.au

For the life of me, I can't see why anyone would think this was a good
thing.  If you want to see T&A, go buy a swimsuit magazine.  Why do you
want it at a basketball game?

I am interested in seeing the first game they appear.  I have my fingers
crossed for a deafening chorus of boos.  This will be a great test to see
if Celtic's pride still exists, or if the FleetCenter is just filled with
stiffs in suits.

For what it's worth, the Celtics did try out a mascot once, in the late
70s I think.  It was a woman dressed as a leprecaun, doing mime-like stuff
I think.  The fans hated her (I think they went so far as throwing things
at her, which warms my heart, though I don't advocate it) and she was
quickly gotten rid of.

Dan