Finals/NBC

A couple of remarks:

1.  I have noticed an increasing amount of those long, white balloons
being waved by fans sitting behind the backboard when the visiting team
is shooting free throws.  Illegal, I'm sure not, but it doesn't seem
like good sportsmanship to me.  You would think the league would
prohibit it as it looks very distracting.  (I must admit I thought it
was funny the time someone unrolled a life sized poster of a girl when
Larry Bird was shooting a free throw and he laughed out loud).

2.  I agree that Costas and Thomas are very annoying and poor at
commentating.  Whenever Costas seems to have a mildly interesting
comment I get a very strong feeling it is being put on the television so
he can read it.  My favorite comments he makes are like this:  The Bulls
are leading 48 to 50.  If the Pacers make a shot they will tie the game;
if they get a three point shot they will be ahead by one.  Insightful!
Maybe the general audience doesn't understand basketball/math concepts.
I think Costas' drawback is that he is an all purpose broadcaster,
whether it be basketball or talking about the Jamaician Bobsledding
Team.

3.  The only thing more annoying than Costas and Thomas is that "NBA ON
NBC THEME MUSIC"!  How many years have they been looping that same
thing?  At the beginning of every commercial break and each time they
restart the broadcast.  ARRGGHHHH!!!!

I guess I'll go check the score of the disappointing Bulls/Jazz game.

---JoAnne