how the game is played

>As I believe the shouting, clapping etc. is unsportsmanlike behavior and
>can give the offender an unfair advantage then it is illegal.
>
>Time to go back into lurking mode.
>
>Dave

Dave made me think of an incident that occurred last summer.  I play 3 times
a week at noon in an old gym on our campus.  It's a old timers game, most of
us ranging in age from mid-40's to mid-60's.  With that age group, the game
involves a lot of basic b-ball, i.e. setting picks, cutting to the basket,
boxing out.
Last summer a group of local high school kids came in right as we were
finishing up.  I sat down at the end of the gym and watched them for 15-20
minutes.  The boom box was so loud, you couldn't hear someone yell out a
pick (not that anyone was)  The game was essentially 5 individual games of
one-on-one.  I saw some great moves and great athleticism, but little that
represented (my version) of basketball.

Essentially the same thing we see happening in the NBA, wouldn't you agree?

Mark Estepp				704 262 3111
Appalachian State University			704 265 8696 (fax)
Esteppjm@AppState.edu