Al Harrington

I was looking at the usenet draft, which seems to be the only place
with any kind of scouting reports, and it has this very interesting
report on HS phenom Al Harrington:

Al Harrington was voted the top high school player in the country and
from what I've seen, I would agree. He is the best of the high school
prospects in this draft, and his stock could continue to rise until he
is picked around 5-9.

My report is based on the two occasions I have seen him play, the
McDonald's All-American game, and the Hoop Summit against the
international team. His game and size are very similar to that of
Antoine Walker. He is a 6'8 PF/SF who excels at putting the ball on
the floor and creating his own shot. Has a lot of nifty one-on-one
moves and used the glass well. Very good ball handler for his size.
Seems to stay in control most of the time, the opposite of Walker.
Haven't seen him shoot much from the outside. When I have, he looked
just average. His game is suited better to the NBA than college, due
to his great one-on-ability and overall game. Doesn't seem to be
incredibly athletic, but is very quick with the ball. Most polished
player in this year's high school class. Not sure about his post-up
moves.

He is somewhat thin, but not nearly as thin as Lewis. Should put on
10-20 lbs. and hit the weight room. Great instincts and potential are
there. Could be an NBA all-star in 3-4 years. I have only seen him
play in these two all-star games, so I cannot really give a completely
accurate report. When I see him play, I think Antoine Walker. He is
less advanced than Antoine Walker right now, but I think he could end
up being better. That is because he stays in control and seems to be a
more intelligent ballplayer than Walker.

Teams will try to trade up to 5-9 to get him.