Best all around player

I need to write this after watching the Pacers get robbed in Chicago.
The majority of the fans and press believe Michael Jordan is the best
all around player of all time.  This is ridiculous.  I have started
watching B-ball since 1980.  Since then Larry Bird has been the best all
around player in his prime.  Jordan only beats Bird in athleticism and
defense.  Bird was a better shooter, passer, and rebounder.  I don't
think anyone can doubt that.  Regarding leadership, determination or
making the players around them better,  I think both players are equally
good with Bird getting the edge.  If they want to call Jordan the best
scorer, or athelete of all time I will agree.  But best all around since
1980,  Bird is best.