Re: Bird/playoffs

Yes, there is something different about Bird as a coach as compared to
others and I am thrilled that he was successful in his style. Obviously it
wouldn't work with all teams. I guess the class and pride of the Celtics
really sunk in with Larry. He was not such a polished apple when he got to
town if you remember. He remembers what it's like to be a player and he
knows that no one's coach can beat a player up anymore than that player
would beat himself up over the loss.

I loved his parting words..."the refs still suck"

Theresa