Re: If Olowokandi Not Available, Denver May Trade Down For Mohammed (Celtics Moving Up?)

-----Original Message-----
From: Witch <witchcraft1998@hotmail.com>

>So where does this leave the Celtics?  Well, we all know how much Pitino
loves
>LaFrentz.  So, I'm sure he would love to trade up with the Nuggets to draft
him.  But
>exactly what the C's could offer besides the tenth choice is a question
mark?
>Perhaps, Pitino would trade down from ten to twenty-three, and dump some
contract.
>That may be a more realistic possibility.
>WC

The Celtics can offer next year's first rounder in addition to the 10th pick
to move up.  If I were to be the GM of the C's I would make the following
moves:

Scenario (a):
Trade our 10th pick + next years 1st rounder to Warriors, <they are looking
for a pg and the Clips will pick Bibby with their 1st>.
Draft Antawn Jamison.
Release Popeye and Tabak and try to sign one of the available centers i.e.
Austin, Divac, etc.

Scenario (b) - best scenario
Trade 10th pick+Knight+(even next years 1st rounder) to the Clips for
Lorenzen Wright.
Sign Joe Smith as an FA.
Release Popeye Edney and Tabak

Scenario (c) - nothing works out
Draft Al Harrington <I think he has more potential based on reading experts
opinion>.
Sign a center from an available
Release Popeye, Tabak and Edney and wait for some GM to make a stupid
mistake.

What do you guys think ? and what would your moves be if you were the C's
GM. - Mishra