Re: RP show

Cecil Wright wrote:

> Some of us still just don't get it!  A coach in his first year comes to
> the team.  Most basketball *experts* pick us to finish at, or near, the
> bottom of the league.  So far, we've exceeded most expectations, save for
> a small percentage of our own fans who obviously aren't impressed that
> we've already surpassed last year's win total.  Now who's really been
> using illegal substances?
>
> Eric Williams is a very good low post player who plays good low post
> defense, but does anyone question that he would hae extreme difficulty
> playing in RP's uptempo scheme?  At times, Williams was sucking air last
> year.  We basically got, I know someone will be quick to correct me if
> I'm wrong, Walter and Dontae for Williams.  While the jury is still out
> on Jones, I think Walter has made a solid contribution to the team.  He's
> still young too giving us a solid young foundation to build on in Walker,
> Billups, Mercer and McCarty.  Add a quality big man to that mix, who can
> rebound and things would drastically improve.
>
> Cecil

You forgot John Thomas and Tyus Edney too. We traded Eric for 2 2nd
rounders, signed Mills + Edney with the money left and then traded Mills
to the Knicks with the picks from the Denver trade for Walter McCarty,
Dontae Jones and John Thomas.

Therefore the overall deal looks something like this

 IN     |   OUT
McCarty | Williams
Edney   |
Jones   |