Re: CHAUNCY

-----Original Message-----
From: Dorine Pratt <norine@sover.net>

>I don't know whether Rick's yelling gets on Antoine's nerves, but at the
>risk of getting flamed, I have to say sometimes it gets on mine!  That's
>what college coaches do, and is the main reason I always hated to see a
>college coach come into the NBA.  Don't misunderstand me, he's doing a
>great job with this young team, but he could sit down and stop yelling
>once in awhile, couldn't he?  It would get on my nerves, too.

It's a no win situation for the coach if he is involved, try's to win games,
correct mistakes of his players people consider him a bully. If he takes it
easy then they remark what the hell is the coach doing? Where is the
discipline on this team etc.

Everybody watches Jackson and feels that Pitino could be like him, but they
forget  Jackson was not always like this, not so long ago he use to get on
Pippen and Horace Grant like nobody's business. He now has a veteran team
with a player who lays down the discipline for him so he can take it easy
all the bawling is done by Michael. Walker, Mercer and Billups have to go a
long way before they can earn the mantle of leader such as Jordan, Malone
and Peyton to name a few, but until then they should consider themselves
lucky that they have Pitino to guide them. - Mishra