Re: Best point guards?

With regards to the best NBA PG, I am going to cop out and note the
following:

Best Older PG - Stockton (HM - Tim Hardaway)

Best Current PG - Payton (HM - Strickland)

Best Future PG - Marbury (HM - Stoudamire)

I agree with the premise that it is hard to pick the best overall PG, when
there are some major differences in playing style.

I will say this as far as my interpretation of the perfect "pure" NBA Point
Guard, the best always has been and will always be (IMO) Mr. Bob Cousy.  He
is the benchmark for all point guards in the league.  I dare someone to
refute this fact (Magic Johnson puhleeese, remember pure point guard).

As far as college goes, even I see a lot of Bibby, but wonder if he is
playing pure point or could succeed at NBA point?  He seems to perform
better when he plays at the SG, even SI noted this recently.

Obviously even a free spirit like LB will toe the line when called to do so
by the league office.  I do hope he enjoys his All-Star coaching
experience, whick he does rightly deserve.  For all the recent LB banter,
he is the consumate example of what the Coach of Year award was meant to
recognize.

Greg