All Star Ballots

The voting for the NBA All Star Game is over and here are the
final results for the forward position.

1.  Grant Hill                            Det     838,692
2.  Shawn Kemp                      Cle      518, 361

3.  Scottie Pippen                     Chi     270,277
4.  Chris Weber                      W      190,360
5.  ANTOINE WALKER        Bos    137,994
6.  Christian Laetner                At      133,293
7.  Kieth Van Horn                  NJ     128,873
8.  Toni Kukoc                        Chi     120,894

I am glad that Utah beat Chicago yesterday, because now Larry Bird
will be the coach of the East  All-Star team instead of  Phil Jackson.
I think this might help Antoine Walker  get more playing time if he
makes the team as a reserve.

All NBA head coaches will vote for the remaining seven members
of the All-Star teams in their respective conferences and their
selections will be announced on  January 27 or 28.

Coaches are not allowed to vote for players on their own team.

If a player is voted to start an All-Star game, but can't play due to
an injury, Commissioner David Stern will select a replacement.

The All-Star  team coach will choose which player will start
in place of the injured player.

More details about the NBA All-Star game can be found at
the following web site:

http://www.nba.com/allstar98/asgame/00550072.html

Steve Huffman