Re: Best point guards?

Steve,

	I feel that the question's that you pose are not easy to answer but I will
give it a shot.  Firstly, to answer who the best point guard in the NBA is
difficult because I feel as though there are really, two different
kinds/styles of point guard.  You have the PG who simply run the ball and
the offense, distributing it and just passing to a forward or center and
letting them finish it off.  For this I would have to say that John
Stockton is IMO the number one, with Jason Kidd being 2.  The other style
is the PG who scores more and dishes not as often as the other style, this
is a good style if you are an expansion team, or rebuilding and don't have
a bigger guy to finish things off.  For this style I have to say that I
can't honestly pick a number one, but the top 3 IMO are Payton, Stoudamire,
Marbury.  However I think that Marbury is a an in-between of both styles.
I know I'm gonna catch some slack for not putting in Iverson, yes he has
"mad talent" but, the point guard is the leader, so far I cannot say that
Iverson leads his team.  But that's my opinon.

Mike