Re: Best point guards?

>Lance, my youngest son age 13, was sitting on the couch as the
>Utah-Chicago game was coming on, and he asked the following
>two questions.
>
>1)  Who is the best point guard in the NBA today?
>
>2)  Who is the best point guard in the NCAA today?

Steve,

Right now I think that the best NBA point guard is still John Stockton.  He
always knows where his teammates are and he gets them the ball in such a way
that it's relatively easy for them to score.  I think that Eventually, Stephon
Marybry will phase Stockton out as the top point guard, but right now it's
still Stockton.

As for college point guards, the answer isn't as easy.  Certainly Mike Bibby
at Arizona is a guy to look at, as is Ed Cota at UNC.  Then you have a bunch
of guys that ar hard to compare with Bibby and Cota because they don't play
with the same caliber of teammates that Bibby and Cota have.  Therefore, they
must be responsible for much of their team's scoring, sort of like the
situation that Billups was in at Colorado.  Guys in this category include
Anthony Carter of U. of Hawaii, Tyronn Lue at Nebraska, Tyson Wheeler at URI,
and Shaheen Holloway at Seton Hall.  Another guy to keep an eye out for is
Terell McIntyre at Clemson.  He's been hurt recently, andso he hasn't been
getting the minutes that he would be if he were healthy.  It's amazing how
much better that team becomes when he's on the floor.

Jeff