The Last Banner

Mike, the book:  The Last Banner.

Yeah, I just got done reading it about 2 weeks ago.  Besides telling the
story of that phenomenal season, it's purpose is to prove that the
1985-86 Celtics was the greatest team of all time.  I really agree with
Bob Ryan's arguement that the 85-86 C's could have beaten the Bulls of
the mid-90's.  His greatest point was that we had such quality depth.
Back then, a team could still afford to have 3 or 4 future Hall of
Famers; now, there's no way for that to ever occur.  Besides Jordon and
Pippen (Rodman - NO WAY!), those are the only two Hall of Famers.  Just
reading about that front court of the C's made me remember just how
dominating they were.  Anyway, yeah it's sure a good book.

All this talk about trading for Staudamire and Camby... Wasn't it Camby
that only a month or two ago was bashing the Celtics, saying how he
hated them so much?  He made it sound like it was only the Celtics -
like it was personal.  Do you guys really think that money can change
that guy's heart?

Brad