Celt's enter bidding war

Hey guys,

	On this Stoudamire issue, personally I love Billups and I've fought for
him on this list since the beginning, but living in the Toronto area I see
Damon on a regular basis and I believe that it would be a pretty good move
for us.  I still fight for the fact that Billups will be one of the great
point guards, he just needs time, but with Stoudamire we will get almost
instant results.  Camby I'm not sure of, I liked him at UMASS but he is
always injured, and Walt Williams has been proving himself on a nightly
basis.  Giving up our prick this year won't result in us losing a lot
because we'll probably end up getting a pick around #10 or so and this
year's draft ends at about 5.  I don't know how likely it is that we can
get Damon, can we even sign him to a contract?  I know this though,
Stoudamire prefers winning over cash, he was willing to take a reasonable
contract (rather than demand an outrageous one ie. Garnett) in Toronto to
help better the team by keeping cash free so that Toronto could sign
another free agent which would help them win, something that Damon enjoys
more.  I think that it is possible to sign both Damon and Walker to deals
because both players know that it is for the better of the team and it will
help the team to win and they also know that with winning comes the bigger
payoff.  So, to make a long statement short, I'll miss Chauncey a lot but
I'll get to see him more and with Damon, Walker, Mercer, Camby? we will be
a heck of a lot better alot quicker and I see a banner being raised sooner.

But don't get your hopes up.

Mike