Re: Replies To Bird The Hick Post

>Hey give the guy a break.  These are his opinions and while I disagree with
>some of his post I agree with some.  The point is I saw nothing in his post
>that should have resulted in the attacks by M. Healy and a few others.  Just
>because you don't agree with him does not give you the right to a
>verabl(typed) assault on him.  Rebut all you like but don't do it in a mean
>spirited or personal manner.

Please re-read my post, or else post the part that you claim is a personal
attack on the author.  I think you'll actually find it is well thought out
criticism of the authors attacks on Bird, not a personal attack on the
author at all.  I have no problem with criticism of me or anyone else, but
I don't think it is fair if it is unwarranted and unsubstantiated.  The
author says "Larry is nothing but a hick", "hasn't learned how to get along
in the world off the basketball court", "is living off his past laurels",
"is arrogant", and "living in the past".  When I disagree with the post,
now *I'M* the one making personal attacks?  I never said he didn't have a
right to his opinion, only that I thought it was unfounded.  Now I am the
one being called mean-spirited.  If you (or anyone else) thinks that his
post was accurate, thats fine.  But lets have some reasons why Bird has a
responsibility to praise the Fleet Center, the rebuilding of the Celtics,
or the all-star game, among other claims that I found unfair, and so
criticized.

I take offense at your accusation that I made a personal attack on someone
on this list, when you do not show the example of what you are talking
about, because it is not true.

Matt