More thoughts on Celts.

Another post from the west coast. I watched the game with a close friend of
mine who, unfortunately, happens to be a Laker fan. It goes against
everything I believe in, but he's a good guy. In any case, a few of his
thoughts about the Celtics. I'll start with Walker. He's shocked at how
good he is. He thinks he's the only guy on the team who can create his won
shot,and he's a terrific ball handler, passer, and rebounder. He can't
believe how hard he works to get open underneath, but understands why. He's
also impressed with his defensive energy. I told him about some of our
trade discussions, and he can't believe anybody would want to trade him,
and they absolutely need to resign him. "He's going to be a superstar." As
far as I'm concerned, yes he did have a tough shooting game, but man...he
has the full package. Billups, according to my friend, just is not a point
guard. This team has zero ball distribution skills...and once again, when
your best offensive threat is also your best passer who also happens to be
your only inside threat...it gets tough. I will say however, that I think
if the team had a big man in the middle, another inside scoring threat, it
would get a whole lot easier for the guards. It would take a lot of
pressure off them. Mercer, he thinks, is going to be a very good player.
Nice shooter. Everybody else, he feels, plays hard but...not much talent.
All this of course is nothing new to you guys. But even with all their
problems, he thinks the Celtics were a decent big man away from winning. I
just thought you might be interested in another view-point. I have to go
watch the Bulls whip the Rockets. Also...just in case any of you hate the
west coast teams as much as I do...he thinks the Bulls are a lock to take
it one more time. This from a Laker fan. God...I hate that team.

Paul M.