Re: Stupid Bird Article in ESPN

> Checked out that  "piece" on Larry Bird's return on Sunday.  Did any of
>you happen  to see that the guy who wrote that was from Atlanta?
>Obviously he has no  clue on the dynamics of the whole situation.  Bird
>was not sure he wanted  to get into coaching.  Bird helped pick Pitino.
>When Bird wanted to  coach, he decided to go home to Indiana.  There's no
>acrimony here.   This writer is just going for his 15 minutes.  Agreed, ML
>Carr was a poor  choice to be in charge of personnel/coaching.  But Bird
>pretty much did  what he wanted to do.  He has no hard feelings.
>

>Bob George

That really was a poor, ignorant article.  Bird has said that he believes
the two best coaches in the game are Rick Pitino and Pat Riley.  He was
instrumental in getting Pitino to Boston, I believe.  I would have loved to
have had Bird coach in Boston, but somebody made a good point that Bird
will be better at coaching a team with some talent, than a young team with
potential.  Not that they have to be full of superstars (they certainly are
not), but just not like our team.   If anyone at the Fleet Center ever
dreams of booing Larry Bird, I'll be sick to my stomach.  But its total
crap in that article to say that Bird has some animosity towards Boston.

Matt