Re: Joe Smith trade rumors

I am sorry for the duplicate, but I looked at the GS roster again, and if
they would include Delk, and Smith would sign, then let's do it. (As if I
had any say)  When I noticed Delk on my second look at their roster, my
heart raced.  I do believe, except at Center, this RP team can be based on
UK players and succeed.  By now we know RP is a strong judge of ability.

Roster:
PG - Delk
SG - Mercer
SF - AW
PF - McCarty
C - By commitee (for now)

BTW, who is the best UK center of the last few years?  Have any made the
league?  Also, I am not a UK fan per se, I just like the way RP will be
able to mold familiar players, and motivate them to success.

I can't believe I am recommending a mid-season trade, based on my posts
over the last 6 weeks, but oh well.  Take me to task.

Greg

----------
> From: Shailendra K. Mishra <skmishra@dlsun660.us.oracle.com>
> To: celtics@igtc.COM
> Subject: Joe Smith trade rumors
> Date: Friday, January 16, 1998 2:08 PM
>
> The San Francisco chronicle reports that Joe Smith will be traded soon.
> Among the names that have been tossed around are Hawks forward Alan
Henderson,
> Celtics point guard Chauncey Billups and rookie forward Ron Mercer,
forward
> Cedric Ceballos and guard Steve Nash of the Suns, and 76ers forward
Clarence