RE: Joe Smith trade rumors

On Friday, January 16, 1998 2:08 PM, Shailendra K. Mishra
[SMTP:skmishra@dlsun660.us.oracle.com] wrote:
> The San Francisco chronicle reports that Joe Smith will be traded soon.
> Among the names that have been tossed around are Hawks forward Alan
Henderson,
> Celtics point guard Chauncey Billups and rookie forward Ron Mercer,
forward
> Cedric Ceballos and guard Steve Nash of the Suns, and 76ers forward
Clarence
> Weatherspoon. I just wish Pitino keeps Mercer and not offer him in a
trade. What
> do you guys think?
>                                   - Mishra

Why would Phoenix want Smith ?  As if they don't have enough undersized big
men aleady with Manning, McDyess,  & Robinson and still don't have a real
5.
Maybe adding Smith & Austin through FA ?

How about Billups, McCarty,  &  Knight or Declercq for Nash & Ceballos &
 McDyess ?  Nash gives us the young playmaker and Ceballos another person
besides Walker that can put it in the basket, and rumor has Phoenix
bringing in Ike Austin , Mcdyes probably won't be back.  I like Walter but
Ceballos is a better ball player.
With Kidd they could use Chauncy in the 2 spot, which IMO is his better
position.

1999

Nash
Mercer