Cheap shot journalism

Thanks for posting the ESPN article about Bird's return to the Fleet.  I
thought it was cheap from the first thought.  I don't think the writer cared
about what really went on between Larry and the Celtic organization
over the past few years.  He just thought his words sounded good.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Larry did not want day to day
work, and the Celts allowed him as much involvement as he would take.
When he warmed up to coaching it was too late for Boston; and he
repeatedly said he didn't want the job anyway.  Also, to hire Pitino
seemed more of a sure thing than even Mr. Bird.

In sum, the article was cheap.

Gene  (I might have to call Roy and see what the problem is)