Re: WNBA is doomed!

>Like it or not folks the WNBA  is doomed...After the novelty wore off
>about 5 games
>into the season, the TV rating just weren't there.....and how many games
>were played
>in front of at least 60% capacity----none!.......Why do you think that
>there are no
>major  womens pro-sports out there......and please don't try to say the
>LPGA is a
>major sport......because very few people other than proud family members
>care to watch
>womens events......    let's not piggyback womens basketball onto the NBA
>and ruin
>tradition for something that couldn't stand on it's own.

Actually, I think women's pro basketball may fail temporarily only because
there are two leagues right now.  I think if you combined them, you'd have
some major talent, and better crowds at the games.  Women's basketball is a
different kind of game but it is exiting, and a lot of people think so.
Take a look at the college level.  The major teams have a lot of fans
showing up now and getting into the game.  The women's NCAA tourney and
final four are major events now.  I admit I like men's hoops better than
women's, but I think if you are a fan of the game of basketball, you have
to love women's basketball as well.

Matt