RE: Why did we spend the $ on a center?

Does making the playoffs or going .500 make you a successful team ?
Washington and the Clippers make the playoffs but they aren't going
anywhere in the long term. Yeah we will  probably win 35-40 games but will
we be any better next year ?  I guess it depends on your opinion on
success.  Making the playoffs only for an early exit  ? You might as well
have lost 65 and got a better draft pick . This team still is 2-3 moves
from going back to the top.