Why did we spend the $ on a center?

>In fact, we could have had those two guys for "an
>underachieving point guard and a shooting guard that can't shoot".

While I agree that Billups is greatly underachieving, I totally disagree
that Mercer can't shoot.  This kid has already shown that he belongs in the
NBA, and he will be a great shooting two guard.  His attitude and
athleticism are such that he will make it.  I'm not sure what his shooting
percentage is right now, but he is the best the C's have had coming off
screens in ages.

Mark Estepp				704 262 3111
Appalachian State University		704 265 8696 (fax)
Esteppjm@AppState.edu