Whither Chauncey?

 I'm curious as to why Chauncey Billups gets such a bad rap.  Right from the start of the season he has been rumored as trade bait.  I have not seen very many Celtics games this year, but in the few I've seen I think he and Mercer form a great backcourt.  He, like the rest of the team, is very young and inexperienced.  I really like the direction this team is headed in, and I think we should stick with Billups for the moment.  The nucleus of this team is good right now -- we might look to upgrade the center position, but overall the Celtics have looked good for their age and experience.  We need to be patient this year with the Celtics.  Pop in a tape of any game last year, and you'll agree.

Bob George

Read Bob George's Best of Boston Sports at
http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Field/7018/index.html