Re: Expectations -Reply

I agree that judgement should be reserved prior to annointing AW as a
Saint.  But I do think he has improved his outside shooting dramatically
over last year.  His field goal percentage is probably down just a bit
because he wouldn't have dared to attempt so many bombs last year.

I think his turnovers will decrease in time as well, with maturity and
increased confidence and comfortability in his colleagues.

We have some postees who have said that he should be more than a
superstar for us to pay him like he is a franchise player, even though he
is outplaying a certain franchise player.  What can AW do to please those
fans who give him the Dominique-test?  Walker plays defence and rebounds
like Wilkins wished he could.  If we give this team time to grow, and RP
the chances to secure his type of players, we'll be delighted with the
finished package.

One problem is just like Theresa has mentioned, some of us got spoiled by
the unanticipated early success, and feel that this is what we must to to
compete for a title now.  WE ARE NOT GOING TO COMPETE WITH SEATTLE, SAN
ANTONIO, CHICAGO, UTAH, MIAMI OR LOS ANGELES THIS YEAR!!

But they damn well know that there will be no more cakewalks when they
play Boston anymore.  That's all we asked for, until we won a few games.

Cecil