RE: Why did we spend the $ on a center?

>Nash & McDyess to Boston
>Austin and Billups to Phoenix
>Knight & Bowen to Miami

Why would Miami do this?  They are giving up a good player in Austin for a
couple of chumps, one of them getting payed a great deal of money on a long
term contract.

>Or
>
>Nash & McDyess to Boston
>Billups & Knight to Phoenix

Phoenix is high on Nash so somehow I doubt they would do this.  Again, they
would have to eat Knight's long term very healthy contract.

>Or
>
>Billups, Knight and Barros or Bowen to G.S
>Smith, Coles and  Spencer to Boston

Golden State would not do this because they are getting not one but TWO
guys who are merely OK with high-paying long term contracts (Knight and
Barros).  Also, why would the trade Joe Smith for these guys?  I know Smith
is a free agent and may leave, but still I would think Golden State would
want a little more that that.

Lets face it guys, the Celtics don't have anyone decent to trade except
Antoine, and I would be pissed if they traded him.  Looks like the C's are
just gonna have to wait around until all these ridiculous contracts they
dished out expire so they have some money to get some free agents.  And
hopefully future drafts will not suck as much as this years did, IMHO.  If
you have two picks in the top 6 it seems like you should get something
better than an underachieving point guard and a shooting guard that can't
shoot.

Tim

rnault@ptialaska.net

Visit the PatriotsPage at: