WHAT ARE THEY DOING?

I have to agree with Mike.  The team was so pathetic last night I
stopped the tape and left the room.  Losing is one thing, but lack of
effort is another.  In every one of the last few games they consistently
leave the basket wide open, over and over, for layups by the other
team.  I don't understand why Pitino isn't fixing that.  Seattle I can
understand - I'd put my money on that team to win it all this year
unless they're devastated by injuries as the season goes along, or
something.  They're like a well oiled machine, and in all honesty, there
have been several years when Seattle was picked as the best team but
they blew it every time.  I don't think they will this year. They are
much better than Chicago, IMO.  I also think that team took the wind
right out of the Celt's sails.  They looked like a defeated team from
the get-go last night.  Tommy keeps saying Rick has concentrated on
defense, but if you don't put the ball in the basket you don't win
games.  Barros is the only one, really, who has learned to take it
inside.  And, you can't block shots if you're not there to block them,
now can you?

Having said all that, I still believe this team is fun to watch, and
they are young.  Still, this is the pros, and they have to execute an
offense.  Pitino has alot of work to do in the passing department.

Also agree on the ref's calls.  It's pathetic the fouls that are not
called on the Celt's opposition.  Some of the calls last night were
particularly bad, against the Celts. I can't help wondering what the
reason is.

A few years ago when Orlando was in the playoffs, the NBA told them to
cool their PA announcer, that's how bad he is.  For my money, the Bulls'
is almost as bad.  I kind of like the new one the Celts have.
Incidentally, I read somewhere the Celts will have cheerleaders.  I know
that's going to upset some of you.  I don't particularly like it either,
but I think it had to come.  It's a sign of the times.

I don't think I even want to watch the San Antonio game.  I like to
watch Duncan and Robinson, but not against the Celtics.  The last time
was painful.

Lastly, I like Billups and still believe he'll learn, but I can't help
wishing Wesley was the starting point guard for this team right now.
Flame me if you will, but that's how I feel.  Wesley worked very, very
hard to become the point guard he is, and Billups can do that, too, if
he's willing.  If Pitino is the coach he's supposed to be, he'll get
this team playing offense pretty soon.  They'll still win games, but not
against the quality teams.  We expected that, we don't have any right to
complain, really.  You can't expect to turn a team around in one
season.  By the way, we keep saying this team - referring to last year.
This is not the same team, there's no point in the comparison.  This is
a building year and I, for one, keep reminding myself of that.  Someday
we'll all be remembering when - it will come, but we have to be patient.

Dorine