Re: Sonics

In fairness John, Seattle pretty much has the whole package, I'd say.  We
can't match up with Detlef.  We don't have a shot-blocker like McIlvaine,
at least one that gets significant minutes anyway.  For all his promise,
Mercer has yet to prove that he is a shooter with the consistency of
Hersey Hawkins, and of course, Billups is far from the level of Payton.

They have a superior bench with the likes of Dale Ellis and Sam Perkins.
We do not match up well against that caliber of players yet.

Also, Detlef had 8 assists, Greg Anthony had 7 and Payton had 5. What we
witnessed last night was intelligent decisions made by the
Sonics, not only by Payton.  You're persecuting Billups for circumstances
beyond his control.  If he played a flawless game last night, the C's
still would have lost and some fans would dismiss the effort because of
the result, ala Toine after the Wizards game.

It's perfectly clear that you don't believe in CB's ability, and whenever
his game can be called into question, you will leap to the occasion, but
if you can't share the blame in an abysmal performance like this one,
yours is little more than a personal attack on the guy.

Pitino said that the TEAM received a lesson, not any individual, and I
include THE COACH as part of that team.  Seattle is a team to be
emulated.  I do share your dream of Baker, and I believe that he will
become a Celtic whenever he has the opportunity, at least I hope.

Cecil