Re: Walker -Reply

cmcarthur@kkya.com wrote:

> Walker's main areas in which he needs to improve are FG% (shot
> selection), FT%, and turnovers.  Unfortunately he has made absolutely
> no progress in the year and a half he has been in the league in these
> areas.  His scoring is up simply because his number of shots are up.  He
> has improved his defensive rebounding, but he was already a good
> rebounder to begin with.  If Walker could shoot 75% from the line, then
> teams would be a lot less likely to foul him.  This would make his shots
> easier and would increase his FG%.  If Walker would be smarter about
> not turning over the ball, then he would be double teamed less which
> would further increase his FG%.

These are all good points.  On Walker's behalf, I'd say this: Vin Baker
scored 23 last night without breaking a sweat.  Payton would break the
press, Schrempf would make a nifty pass, then Baker would dunk or go to
the line (or both).  If Antoine had that type of support, he'd be more
effective, too.  It's a chicken/egg situation: does Walker have to
improve for the team to get better, or vice versa?  Either way, it's a
long process.
--
Mike Dynon
North Kingstown, RI

Are you connected with women's college volleyball? Visit
this site for a look at a talented potential recruit:
	http://www.netcom.com/~mdynon/Diane1.html